I believe every birthing person should feel informed and respected. I combine my intuition, ability to listen carefully and skillful touch as a bodyworker to support clients. During my own pregnancy, I decided to get further certification to offer pregnancy massage through Claire Marie Miller’s course, Nurturing the Mother. In 2015, I gave birth to my daughter, Maebelle, and realized just how powerful a doula’s presence can be. Since then, I’ve been committed to learning more about birth and decided to become trained as a birth and postpartum doula through Doula Trainings International. DTI acknowledges birth as a reproductive justice issue, affected by barriers based on race, class, religion or sexual orientation. As a queer identified woman, this lens is important and a reminder that the birthing space is a sacred opportunity to bring greater equality to marginalized communities.
As a birth doula, I serve the client and their partner in the following ways:
- Emotional, physical and educational support during pregnancy, birth and postpartum
- Upon contract signing, email/text/phone support
- Two prenatal meetings (approximately 1.5 hrs. each) to get to know your unique preferences for this labor and postpartum period and educate you about comfort measures for labor
- During your active birthing phase, I provide continuous support defined as:
- facilitation of your birth vision, including but not limited to comfort measures, movement, positioning, essential oils, additional music, special affirmations, or anything else that feels supportive to you, either as included on our prenatal meetings, or as requested in your birthing room
- Working with your partner (if applicable) to establish and maintain a peaceful and positive environment
- Working with the staff and providers to establish rapport and to ensure that you have enough information to make informed decisions about your care
- Supporting you is my top priority. I will also take pictures and record information for your birth story if possible (captured only as a keepsake for you).
- One postpartum visit to check in and connect you to any resources to support you during this fourth trimester
My birth package is $1200.
photo by Love at First Site Photography